days left until the Charles Party!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

I will preface this with "sniff". I am definitely going to miss having my birthday twin around. We started training together in the summer of 2003, and through a whole lot different life-altering events we remained friends. So I am pretty sure that a measly few hundred miles won't change that. I know that you are going to kick ass as a head coach. Good luck, Miranda! Hoya Saxa!

First summer at Riverside, at Canadian Henley. We were so serious back then.

A year later at Henley, with Marika, Bryna and Amy, winning the quad.

NSR I, 2005, advancing to the A/B semi.

Totally confounding the rowing community by switching the lineup halfway through racing, the "twins" won the double at Canley. (with Ann)

With Liane at the Charles in 2005.

Last CRASH-Bs before having to (mostly) hang up the oars. Miranda, you should show this to your athletes from time to time, especially when they argue with you.

Transitioning to the other side of the megaphone

Coaching baby Huskies

Birthday twins serving as groomsman and bridesmaid at Tom and Liane's wedding.

Hanging out with camera wielding dorks can have dangerous side effects.

3 comments:

  1. Miranda - RBC, and Boston, will miss you. But it's your home, and we look forward to hosting you while wishing you the best of EAWRC success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilse Mae3:18 PM

    booo/yaaay you will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to miss everyone so much. Major RBC withdrawal. I could barely get away when I stopped rowing. I wonder what will happen now?

    See you all at the Charles!

    ReplyDelete