days left until the Charles Party!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

He was, is, and always will be a legend in our sport. Here are just a few moments I've been fortunate enough to capture over the last few years.

This year, at Sprints. Harry looked so ... human. I remember his guys bear hugging him as he gave them their medals..The last Harvard Varsity of the Harry Parker era, they did him proud that day.

Sprints 2011. It was a very rainy, soggy day. And yet, he was beaming. And he may have winked at me before he went in. I came home that day thinking that if I never shot another frame again, I'd be quitting on a pretty high note.

Lest you forget, he was an oarsman, and an Olympian. Pictured here racing the 2012 HOCR Parent Child Double with his daughter, Abigail.




But above all, he taught so many oarsmen to row, to compete, and to love their sport. He loved what he did, and he did it incredibly well. Rest in peace, Harry.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice tribute to an incredible coach. Among his many other accomplishments, Harry helped start Community Rowing, which has opened up the sport to so many people.

    ReplyDelete