days left until the Charles Party!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016


So last Friday, someone from WGBH emails me, asking me for a photo of Gevvie for their digital mural that overlooks the Mass Pike. To their credit a) they did this before the final and b)they let me pick the photo. 30x45 feet is a pretty good size for an image, I think. I am sure Gevvie's been on bigger screens, but my photos definitely haven't.

They stacked photos of the athletes with images from Rio and the rings, so I got this pretty cool shot of Gevvie superimposed over the rings and the water that she won her medal on. I like how the oar wraps around the side of the building, too.

The other woman on the mural? Aly Raisman, another local, five-time Olympic medalist and three-time Olympic Champion. Pretty good company, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment