days left until the Charles Party!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Kona, Queen K Highway, December 2006. Because this is what I am going to remember, and not some stupid hospital room in Durham. I will also remember Boulder (all four trips), running in Montana, watching the sunset on Maui, riding a road bike for the first time, racing my first triathlon, making chocolate covered everything, Gromit and Wallace (because that's how you looked at it), watching Ratatouille 1.5 times, and a whole lot of little inside jokes that only the two of us would get. I'll remember finding out that two and a half months is really not enough time to train for the Boston Marathon, but being glad I got to do it, anyway. I'll remember thinking about you during the run at the Timberman 70.3, and getting goosebumps in the middle of an 80-degree August afternoon. I'll remember racing with your name on my oar at the Head of the Charles. And I'll remember all the friends that we made along the way, and all the friends that helped me maintain some semblance of sanity over the last two years.

Thank you for everything, Margs.

2 comments:

  1. awesome picture and remembrance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That...is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete